But seek ye first the kingdom of God,and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Matthew 6:33
especially for my ♥loves :)
just came back from senior's farewell and that marks the end of an academic year in hall.
it makes me think back wad haf i been thru in hall for e past 2 yrs. i'm officially not a shearite once this acad yr ends on 30th Apr for me. i haf another 7days b4 my matric card expires for me to move out. haha. perhaps just a recap on wad ive done for e past 2yrs since im too lazy to even study aft studying in e aftnoon. 19days to exams. bleh.
0506
ERC - PR cell
Sheares Production - Ticketing
Table Tennis - TM
SWOC – Secretary
ERC
i only joined 4 things last yr and of which i joined 2 halfway. haha erc was really a breeze until open hse came. i knew like nobody in erc. hahahahha! yah weird huh? but yah i really dunno many ppl. whole yr did nth other den 1/2 jc visits for me and den banner painting until wanna die den open hse all e way for 2 days.. and den it ended. honesty not much memories there.
Sheares Production
hmm joined this halfway too but really really really enjoyed myself =) thanks to zibin, meiqiang, zhen hong, tiansheng and of cuz huijing! it wasnt just an all work comm but a fun and interactive comm. initially knew nobody except huijing and zibin (not personally) but slowly got to noe mq, zh and ts! and in fact i tink this is one comm tt i'll nv forget and will really miss aft i leave sheares. haha we're all still in sheares for this yr, mayb we shld tk a photo! 0607 photo! haha =) i'm lookg fwd to thurs gathering! sadly zh cant join us. oh well. haha
This is e first time i was actually part of a sports team. hahaha! yeah i really enjoyed being the TM of tabletennis man. =) initially, i was qt apprehensive taking up this role when yingying e capt approached me. however, felt tt i shld just help her out since she was my ogl in fwc 05 and shes a really nice senior and theres yiling in e team too! =) hahaha i really really really enjoyed talking to the team members and oso joining in with their trainings of which i ended up smacking air instead of balls. hahaha! picking balls and getting drinks for them is something i'm willing to do for them. ihg was early for us and it was really qt sad that it ended right at e start of e yr becuz thruout the dec hols tabletennis was my only hall commitment. =) wadever it is i really love every single paddler of 0506~ :D
Table Tennis 0506
So San, Ying Ying, Grace, Yiling
Gladys, Sharon, Me, Yien Ling and Seok Kheng
0607
SWOC – Secretary
ERC – Chairperson
SECC – OGL
DnD – Pageant
SWOC
Joined halfway. From vday onwards. Haha vday was busy busy busy. Only had 1hr of slp between e 2days but I enjoyed it =) w my lousy flower wrapping skills I was stuck with just cutting and doing ribbons which I soon got e hang of it and very much enjoy =) hahaha! Happily cutting ribbons and making them into pretty ones is really an achievement k! after which it was holidays! 3months of holidays in hall. It was major canvassing canvassing and canvassing. Tiring it may be but it was great fun! From flag canvassing to food canvassing. From UBI industrial estate to duno which ulu pok industrial estate. Walked thru dunno how many industrial estates. I guess its like my whole life’s worth of experience thru industrial estates. Could memorise all e beneficiaries and why and what is Rag & Flag and also what was SWOC all about. Hahaha… Experiences which I’ll never forget. And then it was meetings aft meetings. Day in day out facing the same few people. Hahaha! Sleep oso can dream of them arhh. Haha it was really fun. All e recees, suppers, dinners, lunches, bus rides, train rides, impromptu shoppings, world cup screenings, meetings, canvassing, maggi-cooking, swoc0607 etc etc etc. even tho I ended up at the hosp for 3days haha it was still worth it. Really worth it. If given a chance to relive 0506 again I would join swoc right frm e start. E best comm. I’ve joined in 0506 – 0607. Realised we nv had a full main comm. Pic and e nicest ones we ever had were e ones taken during SNDCC. Hahaha…
SWOC girls – Yingeng, me, Karen, Yoyo, Jeannie
SWOC 0607
Winson, Darius, Xuan Jie, Dominic
Me, Yoyo, Yingeng, Karen, Jeannie
ERC
Stepping up as chairperson for erc was indeed a daunting task and a rollercoaster ride for me. Taking up e post was a pretty rash decision I must admit. Along e way I regretted but then at the end of it all, I really really am glad I took it up. It was a tough and trying year. I really thank Kenneth for stepping up as vice and stood by me relentlessly. He made things so much bearable for me. Thank you Kenneth even tho I dun tink u’ll ever read this! Haha.. my main comm. many of them stepping up without taking points. Daniel one of the pillars of my main comm.. thankyou! Really. For stepping up as treasurer without knowing what’s in store for you and after which taking on dual roles as e marketing ic and started frm scratch. Thank you thank you thank you! Woon rocks my world =) Jeannie for stepping up as secretary and helping me despite not taking points too =) Being busy w SP things I thank you for helping out all e way till the end of open house! Benedick for helping out as PR ic and getting into abit of shit towards the end. Hoho but yeah thanks! =) Darius for helpg out as prog ic. Thanks. From JC visits to Video Filming to Open House, everything went by smoothly with a few hiccups here and there. One of the best comms I’ve ever worked in and I really take pride in chairing this comm.. a lot a lot a lot =) thank you ERC-ians for giving me this chance to chair this comm., to exp an exp I’d nv haf, to work with all of you and of cuz to enjoy every single moment of being in this comm. together with the rest of you =) *one comm. One erc!*
ERC 0607
Not e whole comm. But e only one with e most number of ppl. Ahaha!
SECC
It was a short short short camp. I didn’t do much as a councillor. Haha. Oops. Well. Sorry xtina~ heh. But I sure did enjoy myself during e camp. Playing arnd and toking so much crap and just basically enjoying it. =) got to noe more ppl thru this camp and yes it was really a great superlisheares experience! I’m super sorry to my og since I was always mia-ing. Heh. But yeah it was really great fun noeing all of u!
Incredibly Incredibles =)
DnD
Hahaha… it was really great honour to rep blk b in this yr’s pageant. Well, it was indeed stressful right frm e start. Its like everyone’s expectations and all. But I really wanna thank every single beeker for their countless support and encouragement. I wanna thank my sister for always telling me I can do it I can do it I can do it! Hahaha =) I did it! I wanna thank my level 6 short wingers for everything. Really. Frm clothes to photoshoots to videoshoot to bash to DnD. Wouldn’t haf reached so far without all of you! =) also wana thank all my frens who helped me thru this. =) my dear lup, my cheekysister and many many others! and of cuz my wonderful partner – ahtiong! Hahahaha!! Yeah.we’ve walked thru everything and brought back honour and glory to blk b!! =) u wun read this either. Lol~
2yrs. 365 x 2 = 730days. Not considered long not considered short but sufficiently significant to take up a huge part of my brain. Haha. So many things happened. So many. To say I’m over it, nah. What a lousy liar I am. Hahaha! But in some ways I’m glad I didn’t apply for hall stay le. I’m moving home for good! I’m sure it’ll b weird and requires a lot of adjustment and all but I’m looking forward to it. I need to move out to move on. Haha! Sounds weird but its true =) well, guess after two years I’m not e Lydia who entered sheares le. Walking out as someone who has a diff mindset, diff mentality and diff thoughts of life. Perhaps not e innocent (HEY! I was innocent okay. Back then la. Oh well. Everyone was innocent once. Haha.. believe me!), nice(err.. not exactly tt nice either. Heh) or even the old cheery me. Everyone changes, its only when frens do take d effort to change in sync or even accept the changes to keep frenships going. Karen said something today “best frens are forever” I believe so too. But its tt true? I love you shiang bestie =) But I guess along e way my another best fren left me. He walked out for a better life. A better life of his own. Was it for selfish gains? I noe not of. I do not want to noe anymore either. I believe I’ll b happier in e future. A diff kind of happy but still happy. If I say I’ve moved on now, I’ll be bullshitting. If I say I dun care, I’ll be lying. If I say I dun feel sad, I’m assuming all you ppl out there are idiots. Haha. But yes. So what if im sad? Its just those moments when u feel how can things turn out this way. How can things change so much within a short span of time. How can I just fade out from your life like that. How can you just say everything has ended for you and embark on your new phase of life. I wudnt want you to be sad or feeling lousy, I very much want you to feel happy but it just sucks to know that you’ve moved on so quickly. Like as though I’ve never existed. Like as if the 1.5yrs nv meant anything to you. Like as though I nv left anything in ur life. Perhaps I really nv existed or left anything significant in ur life but you did to me. And since you’ve decided to walk away, nothing can hold you back or stop you. I’m still coming to terms with it and I believe I won’t disappoint you this time. Dec, jan, feb, march could have been spent happily with each other’s company, frenship and all but we decided to waste it away. e gaps will never be filled anymore. Its just like a jigsaw puzzle always with a missing piece. Paths that once crossed each other will now uncross itself. As days go by, the pain and hurt reduces but numbness increases. Guess once time dilutes everything, I’d haf moved on le. Of cuz moving on is e best choice but its e toughest choice. To let go and move on is really tiring and tough. Bcuz im gonna let go of wadever that remains and it really means a lot to me. It does not mean as equally lot to you but it really means A LOT to me. I’m not making you guilty. PLEASE stop thinking that way. Please. I really beg you to not think that way at this point of time le.
Along e way we got closer to a point that you were really e closest fren I’ve ever had but along e way we parted ways. And that’s life. Am I right to say that?
Lets keep all external factors out. Lets not allow anyone else to add their comments or give their 2cents worth of advices. Lets not be bothered by anything else. Lets not think about each other’s changes. Lets not think of the past. Lets not care about all that has happened. Lets not worry about being a burden to each other. Lets not assume what each other is thinking. Lets not be strangers. Let us be happy with each other. Be there for each other. Help each other. Can we? But I know the ans le.
And tmr will b a better day again. I tell myself that every night I believe in that.
Stronger mightier happier and that’s wad you wanted me to be.